BEGINNER HANDGUN CLASS
SUNDAY, FEB 12 | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
JEWS CAN SHOOT IS PLEASED TO OFFER CLASSES
IN COOPERATION WITH
OAKTREE GUN CLUB (Newhall, California)
The Beginner Handgun Class is a 4 hour long course, which will include 2 hours of classroom time and 2 hours of range time. Some of the material that will be covered during the course will be firearm safety, the fundamentals of marksmanship, exploring firearm calibers, as well as detailed descriptions of the common types of handguns.
Topics covered will include:
- Four Basic Fire Safety Rules
- Common range protocol – properly removing and replacing a firearm from its case at a range/ cease fires/ etc.
- Shooting stances – Isosceles/ Weaver
- Discovering eye dominance and how it can effect each shooter
- Proper grip and trigger control/ finger placement
- Identifying and clearing both jams and misfeeds
- Caliber information for handguns, rifles, and shotguns
This class is especially created for Jews Can Shoot. You do not have to be Jewish to participate. All law-abiding citizens wanting to exercise their Second Amendment rights are welcome!
Each participant will receive a gun to use for the class and 50 rounds of .22 caliber ammunition.
Everything you will need is provided including eye and ear protection and range time.
Following the class, we can meet at the Bar and Grill and review the class before taking advantage of our all-day pass.
Included with the cost of the class is an all-day pass to the pistol range facilities and experience target shooting on paper targets and the steel target gallery. We invite you to stay and get more shooting time in. You will only be charged for gun rental and ammunition.
A great way to experience the fun and empowerment of shooting.
This course is designed for individuals who have never handled a firearm or fired a gun before, for those wanting a refresher course, as well as those interested in firearms for home protection and self-defense.
SPACE IS LIMITED!